Homeowners in Denver and surrounding areas know that spring thunder storms can be expected. Some years are worse than others, and your homeowner’s insurance should cover all types of storms we experience here, including wind and hail. Look over your policy to make sure you’re covered before the next big storm hits. Here are five great tips for filing a claim for roof replacement in Colorado.
- Understand Your Policy – Review your insurance policy to make sure it covers hail damage and storm damage. Most homeowner’s insurance policies cover storms to a certain extent. Some policies take depreciation into consideration. For example, they will fully cover a roof that is less than 10 years old and only a portion of the replacement costs if the roof is more than 10 years old.
- Emergency Repair – If your home suffered significant damage such as broken skylight, busted windows, or a hole through the roof, contact your local roofing contractor to for emergency roof repairs. It is important to keep your home from further interior damage. Insurance will usually cover the cost of emergency roof repairs.
- Contact Your Insurance Provider – Insurance needs to know about the damage as quickly as possible so they can send an adjuster out to assess the hail damage.
- Collect Proof – Take pictures of the hail damage as soon as possible. Take pictures of the hail if possible and measure the hail size so you can give an accurate assessment of the damage. Stay safe, assess damage from the ground and have a local roofing contractor help document and assess the damage from the roof.
- Meet with the Adjuster – The insurance adjuster will schedule a time to meet with you to go over the paperwork and then assess the damage to your home. The insurance adjuster could recommend a contractor that they’ve worked with before, but you aren’t obligated to use them. As friends and relatives for referrals. Because the repairs are covered by the claim, it is not about the lowest estimate, it is about getting the repairs done correctly and to code, therefore it is in your best interest to find a local and reputable roofing contractor.
- Contact a Local Roofing Contractor- CIG Construction has the experience you need in this type of situation. We understand that seeing your home with serious storm damage can be quite overwhelming. We will help document the hail damage to roof and provide a complete scope of repairs for your insurance company. We have the experience necessary to provide a detailed repair scope and work with your insurance adjuster to get things moving. We will meet with your insurance adjust and advocate on your behalf to ensure all necessary repairs are included in the storm damage claim.
Give us a call at the office closest to you, Westminster at 720-897-1710 or Fort Collins at 970-999-1177 and we will immediately begin working for you. Let us know where you are in the process with your insurance company. We will handle most of the dealings with your insurance adjuster to help shoulder some of the burden with you. Our goal is to make the process as painless for you as possible. We’re experienced local roofers and advocate for homeowners in the Denver area.