WHAT IS AN INSURANCE CLAIM SCOPE OF LOSS?
DESCRIBING PRE-LOSS PROPERTY
We can help with your Independent Scope of Loss. Message us and we'll respond within 24 hours.
WHY IS SCOPE OF LOSS SO IMPORTANT?
WHAT IS LOW-BALLING?
WHO CAN PREPARE AN INDEPENDENT SCOPE OF LOSS?
When the insurance company is provided with a credible detailed scope of loss, it becomes harder for them to underpay the claim.
QUESTIONS TO ASK BEFORE HIRING A CONTRACTOR TO PREPARE AN INDEPENDENT SCOPE OF LOSS:
1. Have you previously prepared an independent scope of loss?
2. Are you familiar with local construction costs in my area? If so, how?
5. How much will you charge for preparing a scope of loss and what is included?
7. Ask for references and call the references.
8. Clarify the scope of work to be performed and fee(s) charged.
a. Does the scope of work include responding to insurance company questions regarding the scope?
b. If not, how much does the preparer charge to respond to insurance company questions?
c. Is the preparer willing to meet with the adjuster to “defend” his scope against the insurance company’s scope?
9. If the person holds a contractor’s license, check the license status with the Contractors State Licensing Board.